Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fun Foods Menu Post

I must say it feels good to be caught up on the blog. If I could I could blog full time, I totally would. Blogging, however, does not currently pay me enough to do so. Maybe someday it will. As I was catching up from last week and shopping for the Bear's Valentine's Day gift Friday, I took a trip to Whole Foods. I absolutely love going to Whole Foods. There are so many things to look at. I didn't have much of an agenda or grocery list. I was looking for inspiration. I knew Saturday, my normal menu planning day, was totally out since the Bear talked me into volunteering for the engineering society's Math Counts event. So, the planning had to get done Friday.

Whole Foods did not disappoint in the inspiration department. I got ideas for an awesome soup that is simmering away in my Crock Pot as we speak. Meatless Monday is planned with a new ingredient I picked up- tempeh. And, I came up with another fun meatball recipe for a great midweek meal. The only problem, I almost came up with too many ideas! I have yet to plan Friday night's meal for my super sister weekend. So, there will be lots more to come this week on A Nickel's Worth of News. Here is the rundown:

Sunday 2/16            Lemon Chicken Artichoke Soup with Parmesan Toast

Monday 2/17          Tempeh Stir-Fry with Almond Sauce

Tuesday 2/18          Leftovers

Wednesday 2/19     Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli

Thursday 2/20         Leftovers

A few of the items you will need:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 lb. ground chicken breast or lean ground turkey breast
1 package center cut bacon
1 8 oz. package tempeh
1 package baby carrots
1 bunch celery
2 yellow or white onions
1 bulb garlic
1 lemon
1 bunch kale
1 bunch green onions
1 bag baby potatoes
1 can quartered artichoke hearts
1 bottle gluten-free buffalo wing sauce (I love Cookies')
1 package gluten-free ranch dressing mix
1 box reduced sodium gluten-free chicken broth
1 jar gluten-free chicken base (I like Better Than Bouillon)
1 bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
1 bag frozen broccoli

Pantry items you will need:

Extra virgin olive oil
Almond butter
Gluten-free soy sauce
Brown sugar
Corn starch
Rice vinegar
Srircha sauce
Ground ginger
Herbes de Provence
Salt
Pepper

Have a great rest of your weekend! I look forward to posting and sharing throughout the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment