Thursday, September 13, 2012

Turkey Apple Brie Wraps

It might be a little cliche, but I've always really wanted to go to France. I imagine I would start in Paris, then travel to the countryside, and along the southern vineyards. I even took French in high school with the intent to live like a Parisian at least some point in my life. It is going to take years of convincing the Bear that this is a necessary endeavor to fortify my bucket list; but, until then I would like to think this wrap is a little taste of Paris...


The flavors of France without having to speak French. A brown rice wrap is stuffed with smoked turkey, caramelized onions, tart crisp apples, and creamy soft brie then grilled on a grill press to add a lovely crunch. We can't all go to Paris, but we can have a little taste of France in this quick weeknight meal.

Turkey Apple Brie Wraps
Inspired by Weight Watchers
Serves 1

1 brown rice wrap (I used Sandwich Petals)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
6 slices smoked deli turkey (I used Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh)
1 tablespoon caramelized onions 
4 slices of one granny smith apple
2 slices brie cheese

Preheat your grill press. Place your brown rice wrap on a plate and microwave on high for 30 seconds to soften the wrap. Spread the mustard onto the wrap. Top with the turkey, onions, apple slices, and brie. Roll to wrap and place on the grill press. Grill for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment