Saturday, September 29, 2012

Many Thanks Menu Post

Today I just have to thank every single person for stopping by A Nickel's Worth of News. I was so ecstatic when my stats appeared after logging in; I have now reached over 10,000 page views! And, it is all thanks to you who come by and read my humble little blog. Thank you so much for your viewership and occasional comments. It makes this little hobby so enjoyable.

In giving my thanks to you, I took some time today to really think about the menu for this week. While I am not overly critical of myself when it comes to my recipes, I do take careful consideration to any suggestions. One suggestion in particular was to offer more simplistic recipes with fewer steps and ingredients. I find this a little difficult only because most of my recipes I try to create are intended to be healthy, wholesome, and gluten-free. I try to offer shortcuts when possible, but sometimes there are no substitutions when it comes to gluten-free cooking due to the care one has to put into insuring ingredients truly are "gluten-free." This week, however, I decided to take on the challenge. My Tuscan Slow Cooker Pasta will hopefully save you some time in the kitchen via the Crock Pot. I also am cooking a super simple French Onion Soup that has a mere five ingredients. Finally, I took the Nickel household favorite Tanner's Chicken Nacho topping and recreate a whole new recipe with my Tanner's Chicken Enchiladas. Good wholesome food that can be simple to prepare.

Sunday 9/30          Tuscan Slow Cooker Pasta with Salad

Monday 10/1         Left-overs

Tuesday 10/2         French Onion Soup with Sandwiches

Wednesday 10/3    Left-Overs

Thursday 10/4        Tanner's Chicken Enchiladas with Salad

Friday 10/5             Left-overs

Saturday 10/6         Our 5th Wedding Anniversary!!

Here is what you will need:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 container deli roast beef or other deli meat
2 white or yellow onions
1 bulb garlic
1 bag shredded lettuce
1 bag already cut and cleaned kale
1 bunch celery
1 bunch green onions
3-4 roma tomatoes
1 already sliced mushrooms
1 loaf gluten-free French bread or regular French bread
1 bag or box brown rice penne noodles
1 bag corn tortillas
1 jar jalapeno peppers
1 jar salsa
1 16 oz. can great northern beans
1 29 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 boxes organic beef broth
1 bag shredded Parmesan cheese
1 bag shredded 2% cheddar cheese
1 brick 2% Velveeta cheese
1 pint skim milk
1 container light or fat free sour cream

Pantry items you will need:

Worcestershire sauce
Sherry cooking wine
Herbs de Provence or dried Italian herbs
Garlic powder
Olive oil
Salt & pepper

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!! Thanks again for stopping by:)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment