Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sage & Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken

I don't know about you, but in the last 24 hours I have done 4 loads of laundry, sealed a spot on our leaky skylight, cleaned my entire house, and have tried to streamline as many meals as possible for the rest of the work week. I am still in my pajamas from this morning and have yet to shower if I even get there. I am ready to sit on my couch and watch reruns of Animation Domination from this spring and then attempt to get 7 hours of good sleep before the work week begins. Lucky for me, I planned the easiest and most elegant, yet heartiest dinner of the week tonight. Besides the making the mashed potatoes (which is not that hard) and roasting the broccolini along side the chicken, I really did not have to put much effort into this meal. And you should not have to either.


Lean and tender chicken is wrapped in savory sage and prosciutto. Three ingredients, one elegant dish I would be proud to serve to anyone.

Sage & Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 fresh sage leaves
4 slices of prosciutto

Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. While the oven is pre-heating, arrange two sage leaves on each chicken breast. Wrap two slices of prosciutto around each piece of chicken. Set aside. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken. Cook for 4-5 minutes and turn the chicken to the other side. Cook another 4-5 minutes. Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through and a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment