Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fall Kick Off Menu Post

I know this is technically the final week of summer, but since we have turned our air conditioning off and I am wearing a sweatshirt I kind of consider it to be fall now. I have out all of my fall decorations, bought an adorable wire owl from Pier 1 Imports, and am ready to purchase some pumpkin scented candles now that they are officially selling pumpkins at the grocery store. Besides making these hellish burgers last night, I really am sort of over summer. It was hot. Really hot and I welcome fall with open arms. This week's menu is my official kick off to fall. I'm ready to bring the cooking back indoors. Savory chicken, penne mac'n'cheese,  and chili here I come.

Sunday 9/16          Sage & Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Broccolini

Monday 9/17         Three Cheese Veggie Penne Mac

Tuesday 9/18         Left-overs

Wednesday 9/19    Turkey Coco Chili with Veggies & Dip

Thursday 9/20        Left-overs

Friday 9/21 or       GF Chicken 'n' Biscuits Sandwiches with Country Gravy & Green Beans
Saturday 9/22

Groceries you will need:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 lb. breakfast chicken sausage
1 package broccolini
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 head garlic
2 yellow or white onions
1 box sliced mushrooms
3 Roma tomatoes
1 bunch fresh chives
1 bunch fresh basil
1 bag fresh sage leaves
1 15 oz. can dark red kidney beans
1 30 oz. can chili beans in chili gravy
1 29 oz. can tomato sauce
1 14.5 oz. can diced chili ready tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 box gluten-free biscuit mix (I like the gluten-free Bisquick)
1 bag or box brown rice penne noodles
1 can Parmesan cheese
1 carton low fat buttermilk
1 carton 2% milk
1 8 oz. box of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 bag 2% shredded cheddar cheese
Butter
1 carton egg substitute
1 bag frozen corn

Pantry items you will need if you do not have them on hand:
Ground cumin
Oregano
Garam Masala
Cocoa powder
Non-stick cooking spray
Corn starch

Happy Saturday to you all! Enjoy your weekend:)


No comments:

Post a Comment