Sunday, July 22, 2012

Papa Chris Burgers


Dads are wonderful and very special for so many reasons I don't think I could do justice in just one post. My dad raised me. He helped me learn to ride my bike. When I started kindergarten, my dad taught in the same building. I remember the long climb upstairs to his classroom after school where I would wait until he had finished up for the day. Then we would walk home together. He was my principal in first grade, second grade, and in high school. He got to hand me my diploma when graduating from Southwestern Community College. My dad helped me to love school and made me want to be a teacher and continue my education to achieve my master's degree. My dad took us fishing, hiking, camping, and showed me how to carve my first pumpkin. My dad coached me through little league softball and taught me to never give up. He knows his way around the grill and he also taught me how to make this awesome burger...


Papa Chris Burgers

1/2 lb. 85% lean ground beef
1/2 lb. 93% lean ground beef
1 tablespoon Penzy's 4-S seasoning salt
1 sheet heavy duty aluminum foil (about 10-12 inches in length)

In a medium sized bowl, mix the beef and seasoning salt together with your hands until combined. Divide the meat into four balls and form your patties, making a small indentation in the middle of each patty with your thumb on one side so the patties do not shrink on the grill.  Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side of the burgers for another 2-3 minutes. Then wrap the burgers in the foil. Lower the heat to medium or low and grill for another 5-6 minutes or until your desired degree of doneness. Remove from the grill and serve with all of your favorite burger fixings.

I have to apologize for not posting my cucumber or potato salad recipe along with this post. I have some tweaking to do before sharing. Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment