Monday, July 2, 2012

Dip #2: Fruit Dip

Last Friday, I went out for happy hour with some friends from work.  They were asking about the blog and I told them about my project this week, four dips and a dessert.  Sarah, said that this was a great idea and was wondering about fruit dip.  I knew the one she was talking about.  I enjoyed many slumber parties in my youth where we consumed mass amounts of this sweet, creamy, fluffy dip.  Even kids that claimed they hated fruit would eat it if they had that "one" fruit dip.  So, I did my research and low and behold there are only two ingredients- cream cheese and marshmallow fluff.  Thanks to the Brown Eyed Baker for solving this elusive mystery!  It was the first fruit dip recipe that showed up on Google.  The dip is a classic all on its own or can be modified to make it your own.  To make my dip a little more summery and light, I used a little lemon zest and light cream cheese.  Here is my version.


Fruit Dip
adapted from The Brown Eyed Baker


8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1 7 oz. jar marshmallow fluff
1 teaspoon lemon zest

Using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients together until combined.  Serve with fruit, animal crackers, or graham crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment