Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday Menu Post

My challenge this week is to have meals that take under 30 minutes to prepare with minimal prep. With the holiday weekend and travel time, I will not have my usual Sunday prep-day to get much ready. Not a problem though. This week's menu is chuck full of vegetables and freshness. After last week's Mediterranean post, I am still craving the flavors and colors of Greece. I am substituting pasta noodles with spaghetti squash and adding the Greek flavors. Wednesday and Thursday, I am flying solo for dinner, so I am making something I love; tarragon chicken salad. I take left-over chicken breast, mix it with a little fat-free sour cream, light mayo, Dijon mustard, tarragon, celery, apples, cranberries, and grapes. Finally for the weekend, we will wind down with an elegant steak dinner. The menu and list can be found below:

 Sunday 4/8 Happy Easter!

 Monday 4/9 Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Chicken

 Tuesday 4/10 Left-overs

 Wednesday 4/11 Tarragon Chicken Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes

 Thursday 4/12 Left-overs

 Friday 4/13 or Steak with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots
Saturday 4/14

 Groceries you will need:

1 large spaghetti squash
1 large cucumber
1 green pepper
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1 red onion
1 shallot
1 head garlic
1 bunch celery
1 lb. red skinned potatoes
1-2 lemons
1 bag grapes
1 whole chicken or 1 rotisserre chicken
 2 cuts of your favorite steak
1 bag frozen green beans
1 tub fat-free or light sour cream
8 oz. feta cheese

 Pantry items you will need:

Dried oregano
Dried tarragon
Light mayo

White wine vinegar
Salt Pepper

 The action this weekend is never ending! We woke up to Sylvie and Gavin tackling us and ready to go. I'm off to stuff some Easter eggs for Mr. Easter Bunny:) Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment