Monday, January 13, 2014

Fajita Chicken Skewers

I absolutely love it when it is warm enough to grill in the middle of winter. Not that I'm sick of winter by any means. Winter has only just begun. It is just nice when a little warm front moves through to thaw things out a bit. Last night we took advantage of the warmer weather and cleaned the grill for a nice, speedy meal.


I can't really call this a recipe. I got a lot of help from my McCormick's spice friends with the fajita marinade. For anyone out there is who is gluten-free, I checked several sources, including the McCormick's website, and it is in fact gluten-free. For those of you who aren't gluten-free, it doesn't hurt to know in case you ever need to throw a meal together for a gluten-free visitor.

I cut about a pound of chicken breast into large chunks and placed them into a large resealable bag. Then, I simply added 1/4 cup water, 1 teaspoon olive oil, the marinade, and sealed that puppy up. I shook and squished the bag with my hands until it was all mixed together and the chicken was coated. And finally placed in it in the fridge until we were ready to grill. We chose to skewer the chicken with the 2 chopped green peppers, one red onion, and mushrooms for me. All in all it worked out well, but I'm not sure how my house still smelled like fajitas this morning since we grilled outdoors. I guess no matter what you do when you make fajitas everything will smell like fajitas:). Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment