Saturday, October 12, 2013

Rosemary Balsamic Chicken

I feel like I keep saying things are crazy. Then, I look back and regret saying it was "crazy" because life is just getting crazier. To top it all off, one of the most embarrassing things happened as I was leading a meeting yesterday. I recently updated my iPad to iOS7. The update was working fine until one of the books I needed to discuss to run the meeting somehow disappeared out of my iBooks library. I thought, "Well, I will just re-download it and it will all be fine," but alas, it would not let me download the book again because iTunes said I had already redeemed my certificate for the book. I must admit my tech skills are comparable to the average person. With a little bit of pecking I can usually figure out the problem myself, but being I was under pressure I needed some help. This would have been no big deal. I am not ashamed to ever ask for help except for some of the other hot romance books I downloaded a long time ago and forgot about all showed up as my tech savvy instructional coaches were helping me solve the problem. They were laughing, I would too, but I was sweating and trying to control the meeting. My face was bright red. Go figure! I cannot hide all my feelings because I wear my heart on my sleeve. Looking back on the whole situation it was hysterical and the comedic icing to top off my crap week. Lesson learned. I will no longer download any more steamy romances on my iPad. I also figured out how to create different libraries within iBooks to hide the Fifty Shades of romance I tried to delete or cloud so the average tech helper won't automatically see them in my library. Oh well, nothing a glass of wine and a nice meal at home won't cure. Especially one bursting with rustic fall flavors to help me relax.


This meal was so incredibly easy to put together. Steamed broccoli seasoned with a little lemon juice, salt and pepper along side simple roasted red potatoes with this lovely Rosemary Balsamic Chicken. To make the potatoes, I simply quartered 1 lb. red potatoes. Tossed them in 1 tablespoon olive oil, spread onto a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray, sprinkled the potatoes with salt and pepper, and roasted them in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.The hardest part was waiting for the meal to cook. It is just that simple.

Rosemary Balsamic Chicken

1-2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 clove minced garlic
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight. When you are ready to prepare, heat your grill to medium-high heat. Using tongs, place the chicken onto the grill. Discard the marinade. Grill for 5-6 minutes. Turn the chicken and grill for 5-6 minutes more. Remove from grill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment