Saturday, October 26, 2013

Guess Who's Back Menu Post

After a much needed social media break, I am back. We have really been through a string of bad luck and misfortune these past few weeks. Part of my healing process, which I will eventually discuss when I am ready, was to cut myself off my regular daily Facebook/Pinterest/blog reading ritual. I truly love all of my family, friends, followers, and this blog. Family and friends are what help you get through those tough times. For what we were/still are going through, social media was too much too soon. I thank you in advance for your patience, understanding, and continuing to read this humble little blog.

Now let's talk food shall we? I am so excited to share these fun and tasty recipes with you! This week's menu sort of fell together via my latest magazine reads I received this week. Halloween may be this week, but after visiting my family last weekend I am already thinking about my favorite holiday Thanksgiving. Cooking Light, Food and Wine, and Bon Appetite, were chuck full of so many goodies that I cannot wait to try. Food and Wine has outdone themselves with all of their gluten-free desserts. From all those who live gluten-free we thank you! The recipe that really caught my eye for this week's Sunday Soup, however, comes from Cooking Light. I've been wanting to experiment with a couple sweet potato soups for a while, but have found them to be a little too much on the dessert side. Cooking Light's recipe has some interesting spices that make the soup more dinner worthy. My plan is to take all into consideration and make a savory soup that will be useful for your everyday arsenal as well as one that you might want to use as a Thanksgiving meal starter. For meatless Monday, I have a quick and easy grilled vegetarian sandwich on the menu with a side of zucchini fries. Midweek I plan to use some ingredients that will already be prepped and ready to go in an awesome nacho bake, perfect to throw in the oven for a quick beggars night meal. Finally, to top the busy week off we will be enjoying some gluten-free pretzel coated chicken fingers with a side of football watching over the weekend. It is going to be a spooktacular week of eats! Here is the rundown:

Sunday 10/27          Savory Sweet Potato Soup with Cranberry Cheddar Braid and Spinach Salad

Monday 10/28        Grilled Pesto and Tomato Sandwiches with Zucchini Fries

Tuesday 10/29         Leftovers

Wednesday 10/30    Layered Nacho Bake with Tossed Salad

Thursday 10/31        Leftovers

Friday 11/1              Gluten-Free Pretzel Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Dip and Broccoli

Here is what you will need:

1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 lb. chicken tenders
1 package center cut bacon
2 large sweet potatoes
1 onion
6 roma tomatoes
1 bunch green onions
1 bag shredded lettuce
1 bag spinach
1 container prepared pesto
1 bag dried cranberries
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (such as Rotel)
1 15 oz. can refried beans
1 small can diced green chilies
1 package gluten-free taco seasoning
1 box reduced sodium, gluten-free chicken broth
1 bag gluten-free pretzels
1 bag tortilla chips
1 loaf gluten-free multigrain bread
1 package gluten-free pizza mix
1 bag frozen broccoli florets
1 container light or fat-free sour cream
1 bag shredded 2% cheddar cheese
1 brick light white cheddar cheese
1 package fresh mozzarella cheese
1 package 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 carton liquid egg whites

Pantry items you will need:

Extra virgin olive oil
Mayonnaise
Dijon mustard
Honey
Gluten-free flour
Dried gluten-free bread crumbs
Dried bay leaves
Dried Italian herbs
Dried sage
Garlic powder
Onion powder

Enjoy your weekend! Many thanks to my family, friends, and colleagues for all of your support. I am so happy to be back blogging and sharing my gluten-free recipes with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment