Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring Break Menu Post

Long time no see eh? After very little sleep last weekend from my solo trip to Iowa, cramming meetings for the 6 remaining kiddos I had to write plans for on my current caseload at work, more meetings, meetings, meetings, and very little sleep throughout the week because of a snoring husband, I sort of checked out on the blog. Sorry guys! But alas, I am now on spring beak!!!! It is a well needed break after feeling like I was hanging by my fingernails to keep things rolling for the last two weeks. I just had to "keep calm and carry on" as the saying goes. There will be plenty of rest, relaxation, and running. Next Saturday is the Diva Dash! First 5k of the year! I don't know if I will be running in my tiara as it looks like the weather will be rather chilly, but I am super pumped as I've wanted to do this run for a couple of years now. It should be a pretty good time no matter what the weather brings.

This week is sort of an eclectic blend of recipe ideas I came up with. I am not going to include the grocery list until later because I am not really sure how everything will turn out. When I do, I will be sure to include an update. I have the time for some experimentation this week and I plan to take full advantage of doing what I love in the kitchen. Some things I hope to experiment with include a fun spin on corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day, a sesame shrimp stir fry, a healthfully amplified tomato soup, and that fun little Pinterest cauliflower pizza stick recipe I failed to post from two weeks ago. Here is the rundown:

Sunday 3/17          Corned Beef and Cabbage Rolls with Mashed Potatoes

Monday 3/18         Sesame Shrimp Stir Fry with Rice Noodles

Tuesday 3/19         Leftovers

Wednesday 3/20    Tomato-Pumpkin Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Thursday 3/21        Leftovers

Friday 3/22            Cauliflower Pizza Sticks with Anti Pasta Salad

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I look forward to sharing throughout the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment