Sunday, March 24, 2013

Diva Dash, Drop 10, & Cauliflower Pizza Sticks



I am relishing the final hours of spring break. What a spring break it has been! Yesterday, I woke up bright and early to run in the Diva Dash. I am happy to say that I ran the whole thing and felt really great the whole time. Jenny and I pace well together:) Pictured above from the left back row: Jenny Maleta, Amber Nuckles, Amanda Vaughan, and myself. In the front row: Andi Stipe, and our fearless leader Kristie Darby. Sarah Mendoza was present, but still finishing at the time. Thanks to Andi for getting us all together and thanks to Amber for the sweet Turner Elementary Divas t-shirts! It was a great time!

In other news, Self magazine has the Drop 10 Challenge out again this year. I love this challenge every year as it promotes healthy eating, strength training, and exercise. You can sign up and get the entire plan for FREE if you click on either of the Drop 10 Challenge links. I am looking forward to trying the strength routine from the Tone it Up girls tomorrow. Since I was feeling so incredibly pumped up yesterday after the dash, I got all of my meals prepped for the week. Instead of doing a complete menu post this week, I hope to post my eats throughout the week to give you all some ideas on how I planned and prepared everything. It really keeps me eating healthy and insures success while I am on the challenge.

Speaking of healthy eats, I have the final "pinspiring" recipe to share with you. I've been playing around with the recipe and finally came up with a keeper. Originally, I was very skeptical about the cauliflower pizza crust thing. It is actually not that bad. You could consider these pizza sticks a snack, appetizer, or use the entire recipe for a pizza crust. If you are curious, I would suggest making this recipe.



Cauliflower Pizza Sticks
inspired by Brevard's Premiere Personal Training Bootcamp

1 crown cauliflower, riced (either grate by hand or grate in the food processor)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
1 egg and 2 egg whites, beaten
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Press into the casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment