Saturday, March 30, 2013

Meal #3 Dinner- Spinach Parmesan Ricotta Wraps

It has been quite some time since I've posted a menu complete with a shopping list. Really it is not due to laziness. To be honest, I often plan on what we have in our pantry or deep freeze. It is also challenging when I am experimenting with new recipes. I don't want to leave something out in case you depend on me. I don't want to let you down. For realzies. This week is a little different, however, as a grocery run was in need if you were to take a peak inside our fridge. Not much. Don't worry, a menu post is planned for tomorrow! I know it will be Easter Sunday, but maybe you can store this one away for the following week or some other time. At least everything will be shared! All recipes are part of my healthy eats for the Drop 10 Challenge. Which is going fantastically by the way! I am down 3 pounds. Woot Woot!

Anyhow, enough about excuses and reasoning. On any given weekend, you know I am prepping. I cannot reiterate enough how much this helps me. This recipe is one that not only received several comments in the teachers' lounge over my leftovers, but is also one that can be put together very quickly and stored away until you are ready to bake and serve. Yes, prep, store, bake, and serve. That is typically my motto throughout the school year until the leisure months of summer. Oh, and did I mention that it is super healthy, but uber husband and kid friendly?


Here lies an Italian twist on enchiladas. I've taken gluten-free wraps and stuffed them with a Parmesan, ricotta cheese, and spinach mixture. Then topped them with marinara sauce and yes more cheese. If you are not gluten-free no problem! Just sub whole wheat tortillas. Either way you will be happy.

Spinach Parmesan Ricotta Wraps

4 gluten-free wraps such as Sandwich Petals or whole wheat tortillas
1 15 oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
1 10 oz. box frozen spinach, thawed and drained of any excess liquid
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup jarred spaghetti sauce

Spray a small baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. I used a 9 x 9 inch dish with a resealable lid so I could prepare and store my wraps until I was ready to bake and serve. Set aside. If you are serving them the same time you are making the wraps, go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees as well.

In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and spices until combined. Take one of the wraps or tortillas and place 1/4 of the mixture onto the wrap or tortilla, roll, and place seam side down into your baking dish. Repeat with the remaining 3 wraps or tortillas. Top with wraps with the spaghetti sauce and the remaining 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Whenever you are ready to bake them, bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment