Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blustery Sunday Menu Post

Isn't it really feeling like November out there? What is left of the frontal system, Brutus, made its way to Kansas City last night. No snow for us. Just a lot of rain and I am loving it. It is making me want to curl up on the couch, light a fire in the fireplace, and make some soup. Which is included in this week's menu, by the way:)

This will most likely be my last recipe post for the month with any new recipes, so I wanted to bring you some unique and seasonal dishes. Next week, I go in for my big procedure. I will still probably come up with some pre-made things to share as well as some old favorites, but most likely will not have a weekly menu post until I fully recover. I am still really, really nervous and have felt a little edgy lately. My friends and family who have and will be visiting are offering well needed support and a mental break. I just keep reminding myself that this will all be worthwhile and progress to our ultimate goal; having a little bundle of joy to join our loving family.

Anyhow, enough of the heavy stuff and on to one of my biggest joys; sharing my weekly menu post with everyone. This evening we will be taking it easy since we had company here over the weekend. We will be purchasing a rotisserie deli chicken and enjoying some classic, homemade side dishes that will also benefit you if you are looking for some gluten-free sides to serve over the Thanksgiving holiday next week. Save the leftover chicken and freeze it; however, as it will be a topping for a pizza I hope to share with you all on Friday when more family comes into town. Monday and Tuesday we will be dining on a vegetarian spiced pumpkin soup I cam across while researching some old Gourmet magazine recipes. For the middle of the week, I hope to get all of my prep-work done today for some easy taco salads with a refreshing dressing. Yes, it is a very seasonal menu post this week that will hopefully give you all some ideas for the upcoming holiday season! Here is the rundown:

Sunday 11/11          Rotisserie Chicken with Cranberry-Corn Bread Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, and Green
                               Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots

Monday 11/12         Spiced Pumpkin Soup with Salad & Bread

Tuesday 11/13         Leftovers

Wednesday 11/14    Easy Taco Salads with Cilantro-Lime Dressing

Thursday 11/15        Leftovers

Friday 11/16            Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Pizza

Groceries you will need:

1 rotisserie chicken
1-1.5 lbs. lean ground beef
1 package center cut bacon
2 yellow or white onions
1 bag baby carrots
1 stalk celery
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
1 bunch cilantro
1 lime
1 bulb garlic
2 bags romaine lettuce
1 loaf French bread (we will get one gluten-free for me and one demi loaf for the Bear)
1 package gluten-free pizza crust mix (I like Bob's Red Mill)
2 packages gluten-free ranch dressing mix
1 package gluten-free taco mix (I like Penzy's)
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (such as Rotel)
2 can pureed pumpkin
1 can light unsweetened coconut milk
1 can organic vegetable broth
1 can organic chicken broth (make sure to check it is wheat free!)
1 bag dried cranberries
1 bag tortilla chips
1 box 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 carton low-fat buttermilk
2 containers light or fat-free sour cream
1 bag shredded 2% cheddar cheese
1 lb. Butter
1/2 dozen eggs (you will only need 1-2)

Pantry items you will need:

Bay leaves
Ground sage
Ground cloves
Ground ginger
Allspice
Nutmeg
Ground coriander
Ground sage
Curry powder
Poultry Seasoning
Non-stick cooking spray
Corn meal
Brown rice flour
Baking powder
Extra virgin coconut oil

Stay warm and cozy today! Have a great rest of your weekend:)




No comments:

Post a Comment