Saturday, October 27, 2012

Satisfying Saturday Menu Post

I've got my Pot Roast in the Crock Pot, laundry in the wash, and my shoulders are finally feeling relaxed for the first time in a week. What a great way to spend Saturday after one crazy week. I could hardly believe I slept for almost 12 hours after falling asleep on the couch last night at 8:00 p.m. I know, very lame. I think my body was telling me it was time to relax. Now on the to-do list is grocery shopping.

With Halloween just around the corner, I plan on taking it pretty easy with the menu this week. I have a feeling with as amped as the kids were this week over Halloween, Wednesday will be even crazier:) I can't blame them. Not only is Halloween super cool because you get to dress up and get tons of candy, it is also the beginning of the holiday season trilogy. Three of the best holidays in the next three months. But enough about holiday festivities. It's time to talk about the menu.

Sunday, if there are any leftovers from the Pot Roast, I hope to make a school lunch favorite, Tater Tot Casserole. Monday and Tuesday we will be dining on another great satisfying favorite, Broccoli Cheese Penne Mac which I hope to make ahead this weekend. For Halloween and the day after, I will be serving another make ahead meal Chicken Tortilla Soup with a side of yummy Duree Family Cheese Bread. Satisfying meals that I can make ahead and serve throughout the work week. It will be something to look forward to every night of the week. Here is the rundown...

Sunday 10/28          Pot Roast Tater Tot Casserole with Green Beans

Monday 10/29         Broccoli & Cheese Penne Mac with Salad

Tuesday 10/30         Leftovers

Wednesday 10/31    Chicken Tortilla Soup with Duree Family Cheese Bread

Thursday 11/1          Leftovers

Friday 11/2 or          Deep Dish Four Seasons Pizza with Salad
Saturday 11/3

Here is what you will need:

1 package of your favorite deli shaved ham
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (for salads and snacks)
1 bag baby carrots
1 stalk celery
2 yellow or white onions
1 bulb garlic
1 avocado
1 box mushrooms
1 bunch cilantro
1 bag romaine lettuce
1 can diced green chilies
1 can black beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can quartered artichoke hearts
1 can black olives
1 box reduced sodium beef broth
1 box reduced sodium chicken broth
1 package gluten-free pizza crust or your favorite pizza crust mix
1 package gluten-free French bread (I will be using Shar)
1 bag frozen tater tots
1 bag frozen corn
1 bag frozen broccoli florettes
1 box 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 pint 2% milk
1 bag shredded 2% cheddar
1 box 2% Velveeta cheese
Butter or margarine

Pantry items you will need:

Garlic powder
Cumin
Mayonnaise

As always, things are subject to change keeping sales and items available at the grocery store. I hope you all have a satisfying Saturday! I hope to post my Pot Roast recipe later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment