Sunday, October 28, 2012

Perfectly Pot Roast

It is finally really feeling like fall around here. I'm not complaining at all. The weather has been teasing us all season with little cold fronts and then spouts of 80 degree weather. It is confusing as ever for my wardrobe. I'm really hoping I can switch out my summer clothes and hang up all of my sweaters. Or maybe buy some new ones since I did donate several to Goodwill a few months ago. Regardless, it is weather like this that makes me want to cozy up and enjoy a simple pot roast.


My mouth is watering all over again just looking at the picture. A good pot roast is so very simple to prepare. I usually cook mine in my Crock Pot so it stays nice and juicy. This recipe requires very few ingredients and is easy to serve with a few simple sides- mashed potatoes, sauteed carrots, and green beans. 

My Perfect Pot Roast

2 lbs. boneless bottom round roast
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 carrot, chopped
1 rib celery, chopped
1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
1 cup beef broth
Salt and pepper to taste

Layer your veggies on the bottom of your slow cooker. Place the beef on top of the veggies. Pour the wine and beef broth over the beef and veggies. Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper. Cover your slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours. When you are ready to serve, remove the beef from the slow cooker. Reserve the juices for serving with the beef and discard the vegetables.

I saved half of the roast for this evening's meal- tater tot casserole. You can do the same if you have any leftovers:)

No comments:

Post a Comment