Saturday, July 13, 2013

Back Again Menu Post!

Hello dear readers! It feels so good to be back home again! I actually just walked in the door about 15 minutes ago. I'm sure you all were probably wondering where I've been lately. Hopefully no one thought I had disappeared and was not combing back to the blog ever again. To be honest, I've been traveling A LOT. The Bear and I went up to Iowa for the 4th of July to visit family. Then I left for a brief moment this past week to visit my mom and friends. I've been trying to squeeze in as many trips as possible before we start our big journey as I will now be traveling back and forth to doctor's appointments instead of Iowa. Before we left for the 4th, we did meet with our new doctor and have the fertility plan in place. I'm feeling VERY positive about the medications I will be taking and what we have decided to proceed with. The plan will be starting soon, so I am praying, meditating, doing everything we possibly can in hopes that everything works the first go around. I was originally worried about feeling totally crazy while on some of the hormones, but the doctor and pharmacist have reassured me that there are few if any side effects at all. Maybe some hot flashes, but I figure eh, it's summer anyway. No big deal:)

Enough about me, how about a menu post? Haven't seen one of those in a while. This week's menu is packed with lots of produce and little gems I've been wanting to experiment with. I've got a lovely sweet potato salad to share with you, a copy cat Panera recipe from their hidden menu I plan to inform you all about, and some twists on old favorites from last summer I've been wanting to try just for fun. It should be a great, healthy week! Here is the rundown:

Sunday 7/14          Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Sweet Potato Salad

Monday 7/15         Power Hummus Wrap with Mint Fruit Salad

Tuesday 7/16         Leftovers

Wednesday 7/17    Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Corn Slaw 

Thursday 7/18        Leftovers

Friday 7/19 or        Herbed Chicken over Light Spinach and Tomato Penne Alfredo
Saturday 7/20


Here is what you will need:

1 lb. pork tenderloin
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 lb. sweet potatoes
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsely
1 bunch fresh basil (I plan to use some from my herb garden)
1 bunch fresh mint (I plan to use some from my herb garden)
1 bunch celery
1 bag baby carrots
2 limes
2 lemons
1 red pepper
1 jalapeno pepper
1 cantaloupe
1/4 seedless watermelon
1 cucumber
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1 bag baby spinach
1 bag cole slaw cabbage mix
1 red onion
1 head garlic
1 box gluten free penne pasta noodles
1 bag gluten free wraps (such as Sandwich Petals)
1 bag corn tortillas
1 bottle of your favorite buffalo wing sauce (I adore Cookie's)
1 can pineapple tidbits (canned in juice, not syrup!)
1 container of your favorite hummus spread
1 container grated Parmesan cheese
1 8 oz. brick 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 container non-fat Greek yogurt (I adore Fage)
1 pint low-fat milk (1 or 2%)
Butter or margarine
1 bag frozen corn

Pantry items you will need:

Extra virgin olive oil
Rice wine vinegar
Granulated sugar
Cayenne pepper
Ground cumin
Salt and pepper

Have a great weekend! I look forward to posting tomorrow:)






No comments:

Post a Comment