Sunday, August 26, 2012

Save Your Left-Overs

Good morning! I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend so far. We have had a very productive, but relaxing weekend. Yesterday, we finished grocery shopping for the week, got several loads of laundry done, and I made it to the gym. For those of you who know me, I've been trying to get to the gym all week. I am very proud of myself for finally making it in for a good 30 minute run. 

While we still have some house cleaning and about three more loads of laundry to do, I am hoping to get a majority of my meals prepped for the week. I try to do this about every Sunday. I wash and chop all veggies for lunches and meals. I cook all grains that I know we will be using, roast veggies, caramelize any onions that I might use, and prepare lunches to take to work throughout the week. The few hours I put into what I call my "stream lining" saves me a lot of time that I can allocate to other responsibilities or activities. It also helps me to take meals such as this...


a deli roasted chicken with mashed potatoes, and green beans with caramelized onions to my recipe I plan to introduce tomorrow, BBQ Chicken Flat Bread Pizza. Save you left-over chicken tonight for tomorrow's recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment