Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturday Menu Post

It feels like a really, really long time since we've had our last menu post. None the less, it is good to get back into the routine:) I don't know if you noticed, but last month was filled with a lot of cream cheese, bacon, and mayonnaise. Sometimes not the lighter versions either. I feel like the weight I worked so hard to lose in June crept back to my midsection in July. Not to worry or feel down on myself though! After the success I experienced in March and April with the Drop 10 challenge, I ended up buying the book over vacation. It is chuck full of valuable strategies, nutrition, and recipes that all include super foods. After trying a new one last week upon our return, I must say they are pretty tasty too. No deprivation, no starvation. That is what I love about the plan. This week's menu is based all around Drop 10 super foods and their super powers.

Sunday 8/5          Black Bean Burgers with Grilled Sweet Potato Fries

Monday 8/6        Mediterranean Salad with Grilled Chicken

Tuesday 8/7        Left-overs

Wednesday 8/8  Brown Rice Penne with Chicken Sausage & Broccoli

Thursday 8/9      Left-overs

Friday 8/10 or    Steak & Summer Salad with Garlic Bread
Saturday 8/11

Here is a list of grocery and pantry items you will need. I am including them all in one, departmentalized list as my pantry is a little bare. I am also including fruit that is on the super food list for snacks and smoothies.

1 bag apples
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1 lemon
1-2 bags baby spinach
1 bag baby carrots
1 yellow or white onion
1 red onion
1 head garlic
1-3 sweet potatoes
2 boxes portobello mushrooms
1 bag whole wheat buns (for the Bear)
1 can great northern or cannelloni beans
1 can black beans
1 box reduced sodium chicken stock
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
1 pound chicken breast
1 pound Italian chicken sausage
1-2 pounds flank steak, or other lean cut
1 box brown rice penne pasta
1 bag gluten-free rolled oats
1 bag frozen broccoli florettes
1 bag frozen corn
1 bag frozen blueberries
1 bag frozen strawberries
Hebes de Provence
Cumin
Chili powder
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper
String cheese
Parmesan cheese
Yogurt

Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment