Monday, July 18, 2011

Keeping the Oven Off Challenge

While planning my menu for this week, I had one goal in mind...keeping the oven off all week.  With temps soring into the upper 90s to 100 degrees, it just makes sense to conserve the energy and not use my oven.  My sister, Amy, suggested I post my menu mainly because she is curious about how I lighten up some of these traditionally very heavy/ rich recipes:)
                      
Mon. 7/18           Fettuccine Alfredo w/ Rainbow Salad
Tues. 7/19           Left-overs
Wed.  7/20          Chicken & Veggie Kebobs w/ Herbed Quinoa
Thurs. 7/21         Left-overs
Fri. 7/22             Crazy Corn Nachos, Grilled Jalapeno Poppers, & Watermelon Sorbet


The fettuccine alfredo and herbed quinoa will require the use of the stovetop, but I think that's okay as it doesn't heat up the entire kitchen.  Hopefully, this will give you all some tips to beat the heat as well!
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment