Monday, July 27, 2009

A Visit to Amy's






















My youngest sister, Amy, moved to Omaha last year. I feel so negligent to say that we had not been there to visit until this past weekend. While it was a short visit, we had a great time. Saturday, Amy played in some volleyball competition so Justin and I headed for the zoo. The zoo was supposed to be free on Saturday; however, was insanely packed. They had closed the exit on the interstate to the zoo because traffic and parking had reached maximum capacity. So, Justin and I made ourselves content at the Old Market. We ate lunch at some hole in the wall Irish bar called O'Connors. I played a little Big Buck Hunter, my favorite. Then, we walked around the shops. Our favorite shop was the Overland Fur Store. Justin and I played a little dress up with all the lovely fur items they had available. Thank goodness we or no one we know is a part of PETA or a vegan as the store would have caused animal advocates a bit of an anxiety attack. After Amy's volleyball game was over, we cleaned up and headed out for dinner and then to a tent party at the Cox Classic Golf Tournament. It was a wonderful time and great to see my sister. I am very proud of her accomplishments, her independence, and life she is building for herself. Thanks for letting us stay with you Amy! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Did you buy anything at that Overland store? :) When ever I go in, I wonder who buys things there? Maybe someday when I own a hunting lodge or need to have a Dr. Zhivago moment....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have no pants on in your first picture...then I realized it was khakis! :)

    ReplyDelete