Tuesday, January 6, 2009

These Boots Were Made for Walkin'

Originally I had planned to dress a little more comfortably. We had a professional development day, which lends itself to dressing down and wearing jeans. I still wore jeans, but instead of sneakers I wore an old pair of boots from college. I must say they are a little shabby, but every time I wear them I feel somewhat empowered. I don't know if it's the way they look with jeans, the way the heels sound as they hit the floor, or the fond memories they bring back from the good ol' days at Paddy's. Somehow, it just made me feel very positive. So, my five positives for the day include: 1) wearing my black boots, 2) collaboration at work, 3) drinking plenty of water, 4) sleeping totally awesome last night, and 5) getting a very positive complement about my teaching abilities and how they have improved since last year.

1 comment:

  1. paddy's...... I could have gone for buck burgers tonight and a beer from Shane or Barry!

    congrats on the compliment

    I love the idea of 5 positives for the day

    ReplyDelete