Sunday, March 2, 2014

Snow Again Menu Post

Well, it snowed again. Is this news for anyone living anywhere other than California this winter? Probably not. Fortunately, after the Bear and I shoveled the driveway I got the call that there is no school tomorrow. Snow day! Yippeee! I always love this news after shoveling snow.

While the weather forecast is showing signs of a slight warm-up throughout the week, my workouts will be indoors once again until I know the sidewalks are safe. I'm glad I forced myself out for some longer runs last week as the 10k is less than two weeks away. I must say I am in better running shape than I thought. I think all of the conditioning and activity has helped me with this. My longest run last week was 4 miles. I really think I can pull this off. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can said the Sara engine that could!

With it being so cold out right now, the menu for this week is intended to feed the comfort food side while at the same time remain lean and clean for training. I have a chicken roasting as we speak for this evening's meal with a side of roasted vegetables and cauliflower mashers. For meatless Monday, I plan to share my most favorite vegetarian chili recipe with you all that I've been eating for lunch quite a bit lately. Wednesday, I plan to use some of the leftover chicken in a speedy pad Thai recipe using a new noodle I came across and ordered off Amazon. Then for all of you partaking in Lent, I have a macadamia crusted salmon recipe I'll be experimenting with on Friday. It's a unique week of eats! Here is the rundown:

Monday 3/3            My Veggie Chili with Gluten-Free Quesadillas

Tuesday 3/4            Leftovers

Wednesday 3/5       Speedy Chicken Pad Thai with Kelp Noodles

Thursday 3/6           Leftovers

Friday 3/7               Macadamia Crusted Salmon with Grilled Veggies and Pineapple

1 whole chicken
2 salmon fillets
1 bag baby carrots
1 bag shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw)
1 bunch celery
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 bunch green onions
1 onion
1 bulb garlic
1 2-inch knob ginger root
1-2 limes
1 can pineapple rings packed in juice
1 small bag macadamia nuts
1 can light coconut milk
1 28 oz. can tomato sauce
1 14.5 oz. can chili ready diced tomatoes
1 14.5 oz. can kidney beans
1 14.5 oz. can chili beans in chili gravy
1 package gluten-free tortillas (such as Udi's)
1 package kelp noodles (I ordered mine off Amazon if you cannot find them, use rice noodles)
1 package shredded 2% cheddar cheese
1 bag frozen corn

Pantry items you will need:

Nonstick cooking spray
Gluten-free low sodium soy sauce
Almond butter
Rice vinegar
Stevia
Cayenne pepper
Chili powder
Ground cumin
Dried oregano
Salt
Pepper

I hope you all have a great week! Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment