Sunday, March 9, 2014

Crazy Week Menu Post

While spring break is on the horizon, I still have to get through this week. I'm dealing with my latest kitchen accident (burn on right palm) which has thrown a bit of twist in things. We begin state assessments at school. Later in the week I'll be showcasing our district to other members in my Kansas Teacher of the Year cohort, and I'm running the 10k next weekend. What a frenzy! I love to keep busy, but I'm beginning to wonder what the heck I got myself into. Good thing all this training for the 10k has been keeping me pretty zen.

Like I've said before, when things get crazy I love to get organized. Well, until I burn my hand while trying to get organized;). This week I not only need recipes that come together in a snap, but I also need to be fueling my body for the race on Saturday. I've got breakfast all ready to go for the week. I'm alternating between a balance of proteins and carbs. On my higher protein days I've prepared my Veggie Scramble. On alternate days I eat more carbohydrates with my Apple-Goji Oats in a Jar. Lunch will be consisting of spinach salads topped with tomatoes, green onions, mushrooms, and chicken breast served with a side of gluten-free flax crackers and hummus. Of course all of this is all balanced out with snacking on lots of other fruits and veg. I hope to share all of those healthy, power packed meals with you in some future posts, but will stick to dinners this week. Tonight we will be celebrating the warm weather with my all time favorite Papa Chris Burgers. I've been eating pretty lean and clean and kind of feel like a need a little red meat. Tomorrow and Tuesday I've prepped a super, super simple sauce for some easy Gluten-Free Tomato and Basil Flatbreads. Nothing like pizza for a meatless Monday meal! Later in the week, I'm counting on my slow cooker to help me out with my Slow Cooker Pub Chicken. I'm stoked about this recipe and can't wait to see how it turns out! Here is the total rundown:

Sunday 3/9            Papa Chris Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries 

Monday 3/10         Gluten-Free Tomato-Basil Flatbreads with Salad

Tuesday 3/11         Leftovers

Wednesday 3/12   Slow Cooker Pub Chicken with Cauliflower Mashers & Broccoli

Thursday 3/13       Leftovers

A few of the items you will need to make this menu happen are...

1/2 lb. 85% lean ground beef
1/2 lb. 93% lean ground beef
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes (if you choose for topping your salads or burgers)
2 sweet potatoes (I bake my own, however for convenience, you can purchase frozen sweet potato fries)
4 baby red potatoes
1 bunch fresh basil
1 package broccoli (already cut)
1 bag of your favorite salad blend
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes in onion and garlic
1 container grated Parmesan cheese
1 package gluten-free hamburger buns
1 package gluten-free tortillas (such as Udi's)
1 bag frozen broccoli
1 8 oz. brick 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 carton almond milk
1 bag shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
1 package sliced 2% Swiss cheese
Gluten-free beer such as Omission

Pantry items you will need include...

Nonstick cooking spray
Dijon mustard
Garlic powder
Dried minced onion
Seasoned salt (I use Penzy's 4-S blend)
Salt
Pepper

I hope you all are enjoying the spring-like weather like we are in Kansas City! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment