Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Week's Worth of Make Ahead Meals Menu Post

This week's menu adds the healthy carbs back like Justin Timberlake brought sexy back through the use of brown rice pastas and flax bread. Like I've said before, this can be tough on a gluten-free diet since whole wheat is out of the picture. Fortunately, Udi's and other brands are here to save the day. I've got several meals you can make ahead to jump start your weekly meals. Plus, I cannot forget this week's Sunday Salad!!

Yesterday, the Bear and I took advantage of the cooler temperatures to pull out the smoker. We smoked not only a chicken for our Sunday Salad tonight, but also a pork loin for later on in the week when my sister Amy comes to visit. Much of my prep work is done for the week thanks to my proactive burst of energy yesterday. Smokehouse Chicken Salad- prepped for tonight with leftovers assembled for lunch, done son. Tri-Pepper Pasta Bake- prepped, stored, and ready to bake! Greens for Wednesdays Open-face Chicken and Greens Sandwich- done! Pork loin and BBQ sauce for Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches on Friday- done! You too can save yourself hours in the kitchen this week too by prepping your veg, assembling your pasta bake, and getting your meats ready over the weekend. If you do not have a smoker, no problem! By a rotisserie chicken from the deli and cook the pork in your slow cooker like my original Chipotle Pork Tenderloin recipe. If you are one to make several freezer meals, I highly suggest the Tri-Pepper Pasta Bake and Chipotle Pork become part of your arsenal. No matter what, these recipes will have you armed and ready for a great week of healthy meals!

Sunday 8/18            Smokehouse Chicken Salad

Monday 8/19           Tri-Pepper Pasta Bake with Broccoli

Tuesday 8/20           Leftovers

Wednesday 8/21      Open-face Chicken and Green Sandwich with Veggies & Dip

Thursday 8/22          Leftovers

Friday 8/23              Chipotle Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Fries

Here is what you will need:

1-2 lbs. pork tenderloin
1 whole chicken
1-2 bags pre-washed and cut salad
1 bag pre-washed and cut kale (I found some great baby kale at Costco)
1 red onion
2 shallots
1 bulb garlic
1 bag baby carrots
1 bunch celery
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (or one big container from Costco because I love tomatoes for snacks)
1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley (I will use some from my herb garden)
1 bunch basil (I plan to use some from my herb garden)
1 bunch chives (I plan to use some from my herb garden)
1 jar roasted red peppers
1 jar banana pepper rings
1 can quartered artichoke hearts
1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 bottle gluten-free BBQ sauce (such as KC Masterpiece Bourbon BBQ Sauce)
1 bag brown rice penne or rotini noodles
1 loaf gluten-free whole grain bread
1 bag gluten-free whole grain buns
1 bag frozen broccoli florets
1 bag frozen french fries (I bought Alexi's waffle cut fries)
1 bag shredded Parmesan cheese
1 package sliced 2% Swiss cheese
1 container nonfat Greek yogurt
1 pint lowfat buttermilk

Pantry items you will need:

Apple cider vinegar
Brown sugar
Honey
Extra virgin olive oil
Nonstick cooking spray
Mayonnaise
Dijon mustard
Cinnamon
Ground cumin
Crushed red pepper flakes
Garlic powder
Black pepper
Salt

No comments:

Post a Comment