Saturday, June 1, 2013

Short & Sweet Menu Post

It's that time of year again. I am so excited to be attending the World Pork Expo for the third year in a row. You can visit past posts for Pork Expo I and Pork Expo II by clicking on the links. It is always fun to look back and remember old posts. I hope to bring you a trifecta of awesome! I was thinking about making t-shirts for this year's event. I looked online for some, but I don't know if they would be ready in time. Plus there really is nothing like a good ol' homemade t-shirt complete with iron on letters. It takes me back to my college days. Watch out sis! I've got a lot of time on my hands to put this little project together;)

With Justin being the only one home this week, I'm keeping the menu very simple. I've got two new recipes I want to try via inspiration from one of my favorite restaurants in our little burb. The first being a little burger with the flavors of California. I've never been to California, but have been itching to go since I've been completing some of the bikini challenge workouts from Tone it Up. Next on the agenda is a lovely sweet potato gnocchi. I don't know if I will get it as good as the Harvest's, but I figured it would be fun to try! Here is the rundown:

Sunday 6/2          California Chicken Burgers with Broccoli Salad

Monday 6/3        GF Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Salad

Tuesday 6/4         Leftovers

Wednesday 6/5   Sara is off to the World Pork Expo!!!

A few of the things you will need:

1 lb. ground chicken breast
1 pkg. center cut bacon
1 avocado
1 tomato
1 red onion
1 bag fresh broccoli florets (these were only 25 cents more than a crown of broccoli and will save me time:))
1 box mushrooms
1-2 sweet potatoes (depending on how large they are)
1 box dried potato flakes
Mayonnaise
Raisins
Greek Yogurt

Pantry items you will need:

Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Sriracha (if you have not tried this stuff do it now!! It is so amazing on everything)
Brown rice flour
Salt and pepper

Since both recipes are experimental, there may be a few additional items in the recipes as I post them. I guess that has been some of the hurdles I've been trying to jump these past few weeks and have not posted a grocery list with the menu. I may or may not add fresh herbs from my garden for garnish. Right now there are lovely bunches of sage, basil, chives, and mint growing. I hope you all enjoy your weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment