Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Smoked Mozzarella Penne

So, um I know on my latest menu post this was supposed to be an eggplant pasta concoction. This is not that concoction. Believe me you, it was pretty good. The problem- it took a little more time to put together than what I thought. Some revamping is definitely in order. I'm not out for you to spend hours slaving away in the kitchen. No sir! I want to save you time my friend. Thus, I have a little somethin' that I wanted to share a couple of weeks ago...



You know how I love my make ahead penne dishes. Yes, yes, yes. I am talking to you busy moms! This is another dish for you. Simply dump, stir, put in a baking dish, store until you are ready, bake, and serve. Who does not love a home cooked meal that only took 5 minutes to prepare? I swear it is your secret artillery in the kitchen.

Smoked Mozzarella Penne

2 cups gluten-free penne noodles
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
4 oz. smoked mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
1 cup frozen peas

Spray a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour into your baking dish. Cover and store until you are ready to serve. When you are ready to serve cover the dish with foil and place in the oven. Set oven at 350 degrees. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cool 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment