Saturday, May 11, 2013

Simple Saturday Menu Post

I feel like maybe I've used that title before. I checked and apparently I have not. The menu this week is in fact super simple. For some odd reason, my immune system just can't kick this sinus infection and bronchitis to the curb. Yup, it's back. So, I went to urgent care bright and early this morning to get prescribed another round of antibiotics. I am hoping to up my fruit intake and probiotics as well to really get rid of this stuff. As I am typing this I've got a magical concoction I'm consuming consisting of water, Bragg's apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice. Fortunately, I can't really taste anything but tanginess as I'm sure it probably tastes like an inappropriate word that I don't care to use on my blog. We'll see if said magical concoction works. It must be doing something because I do feel a little less congested. I feel like a snotty, crusty kid. It is amazing I even got my menu and grocery list down on paper between coughing, sneezing, and blowing my nose. Thus, things needed to be really simple. Here's the rundown:

Sunday 5/12          Leftover Grilled Chicken Cacciatore with Cauliflower Mashers

Monday 5/13         Creamy Lemon Primavera with Garlic Toast

Tuesday 5/14         Leftovers

Wednesday 5/16    Hawaiian Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Asparagus

Thursday 5/17        Leftovers

Here is what you will need:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package deli ham
1 lemon
1 box mushrooms
1 bunch asparagus
1 onion
2-3 sweet potatoes
1 bulb garlic (if you do not have any from previous lists)
1 can reduced sodium chicken broth
1 small can pineapple rings, canned in pineapple juice
1 jar roasted red peppers
1 canister grated Parmesan cheese
1 bag brown rice penne
1 bag gluten-free rolls
1 package sliced Swiss cheese
1 tub plain non-fat Greek yogurt

Pantry items you will need:

Non-stick cooking spray
Gluten-free soy sauce
Brown sugar
Dried thyme
Salt and pepper

I hope you have a great weekend. I plan on getting lots of rest:)




No comments:

Post a Comment