Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mustaches & Menus

This weekend was an absolute blast!  Both my sisters were in town to help my hubby in the Corporate Olympics slow-pitch softball tournament.  There was lots of quality time...


From left to right, my sister Erin, myself, and my youngest sister Amy.

And, no sister weekend is complete without some mustache fun...


Myself with the hippy 'stache.  I don't know what it is about sticking on a disposable mustache, but it always ends up with a lot of laughter and hilarious photos!

Now that everyone is cleared out and headed home, I have some time to share my weekly menu post with you all.  It is short and sweet as I will be headed to the World Pork Expo in the middle of the week.  Last year was so much fun, I decided I couldn't turn down the opportunity!  To keep the Bear from delving into frozen pizza while I am away, I will be whipping up a batch of Southwester Turkey Joes.  These tasty little sandys can be made in a slow-cooker and are kid friendly.  As the weather heats up, I plan to cool things off with a simple pasta salad.  And for my return, I will be making an elegant stuffed chicken breast with herbed goat cheese and a side salad.  Here is the rundown:

Sunday 6/3        Chicken Tacos with Cilantro-Lime Slaw

Monday 6/4      Southwestern Turkey Joes with Sweet Potato Fries

Tuesday 6/5      Pasta Salad with Green Beans & Roasted Tomatoes

Wednesday 6/6-  Left-overs
Friday 6/8

Saturday 6/9      Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Salad

Groceries you will need:

1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pound ground turkey
1 bag shredded cabbage or cole slaw
1 bag salad
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
1 bunch green onions
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 yellow or white onion
1 head garlic
1 shallot
1 green pepper
1 avocado
1-2 limes
Fresh basil
1 box penne or short noodle pasta (gluten-free or regular)
1 bag hamburger buns (gluten-free or regular)
1 bag corn tortillas
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can tomato paste
1 container fat-free or light sour cream
8 oz. goat cheese or 1/3 less fat cream cheese

Pantry items you will need:

Salt
Pepper
Oregano or Herbes de Province or Italian herb mix
Garlic powder
Chili powder
Ground cumin
Smoked paprika
Light mayo (I prefer Hellman's olive oil blend right now)
Dijon mustard
Balsamic vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil or regular olive oil
Ketchup
BBQ sauce
Honey
Brown sugar

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!  Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.  I appreciate you all stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment