Sunday, June 10, 2012

Menu Post

I hope this is not too late for those of you who follow my weekly menu posts.  I just got back from my little trip to Iowa yesterday and was not feeling well at all.  I think I might have been the recipient of a stomach flu that has been going around.  I was feeling pretty gnarly on Thursday, better on Friday, and then Saturday morning was back to feeling gnarly.  Today I am feeling much better now that I am home.  It was difficult to make a menu when I was not feeling like eating anything other than rice bread and 7 Up; however, with the help of the hubs, I think we have a winner of a menu:)

This week I am focusing on global and fresh flavors for the grill.  The Bear has been hankering for burgers and hot wings.  It has been a while since we've visited our local watering hole, so I'm taking both flavors and creating a healthy buffalo chicken burger.  Since I cannot get enough of my new-found love with tofu and pesto, we will later enjoy Caesar salads using a fresh, lemon basil dressing with some secret gluten-free components essential to a good Caesar salad.  Thursday I am dining solo.  I happen to love mushrooms.  Justin can't stand them.  So, I am treating myself to portabello mushroom caps on the grill.  We will end the week the a Weight Watchers inspired recipe Lomo Saltado, or in other words, steak.  Here is the rundown:

Sunday 6/10        Buffalo chicken Burgers with Corn Slaw

Monday 6/11      Left-overs

Tuesday 6/12      Lemon-Basil Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken

Wednesday 6/13 Left-overs

Thursday 6/14     Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms with Grilled Zucchini

Friday 6/15 or     Lomo Saltado with Green Salad
Saturday 6/16

Groceries you will need:

1 pound ground chicken breast
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 pound steak (your favorite cut)
1 orange
1 lemon
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
1 bunch chives
1 bunch fresh basil
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch celery
1 bag baby carrots
2 yellow onions
1 shallot
1 head garlic
2 red bell peppers
2 Anaheim peppers
1 bag romaine lettuce
1 bag angel hair slaw
2 portabello mushroom caps
1 pound Yukon gold potatoes
18 oz. soft tofu
4 oz. goat cheese
4 oz. blue cheese
1 container Parmesan cheese
1 container fat-free or light sour cream
1 container egg substitute
1 bag gluten-free or regular hamburger buns
1 bottle of your favorite buffalo wing sauce
1 container corn meal
1 bag frozen corn

Pantry items you will need:

Extra virgin olive oil
Rice wine vinegar
Salt
Pepper

Thank you to all who continue to read this little blog!  I am so thankful for your support.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to leave a comment.  I hope to update you all on the World Pork Expo tomorrow.  Until then, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment