Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Study Lamp

As many of you know, Justin and I have surrendered to the sadistic choice of obtaining degrees in higher education past our current bachelor’s degrees. Thus, there is plenty of studying to be had on any given night of the week at any given time of the year. For myself, I am attempting to acquire my degree in two years versus what my given company will pay for my classes. In the world of education, that means they pay absolutely nothing unless given the time of political standing. In all reality, however, I do not care whether my institute contributes to my higher learning. Education is an active goal instilled since birth. For, largely we learn from experience. But, it is from education, reflection on experience, and the freeing of one’s own mind that brings meaning to our lives and makes educated. Therefore, I care nothing about what contributions otherwise would make my education “free.” It is the liberation of thought that makes my education all the worthwhile.

Anyway, enough about philosophical thoughts; it is education which has brought us to the many lamps in which we have purchased over the past year. Lamps require light bulbs. I hate light bulbs. Have you ever had to replace a light bulb and realized, after discovering which rotation (left or right) the bulb requires in order to disperse this light, that you have left the switch in the “on” position?? This problem only leaves you blinded temporarily, but really is a huge pain in the you-know-what! I hate replacing light bulbs and have had to do it twice in the past two days. Is that not enough?! I guess it is all in the name of higher education.

1 comment: