Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Menu Post

This week, I'm keeping things pretty simple, but will be serving a variety of ethnic flavors.  With Super Bowl Sunday tomorrow, I wanted to keep things light and decided chicken tacos would fill the need for party food while watching our caloric intake.  In the middle of the week, we are having a Chinese take-out inspired dish.  Friday, my father, stepmother, and middle sister will be coming down to celebrate my birthday.  I thought it would be nice to entertain with my Cabernet braised beef short ribs.  Here is the rundown:

Sunday 2/5          Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Slaw

Monday 2/6         Left-overs

Tuesday 2/7         Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry over Brown Rice

Wednesday 2/8    Left-overs

Thursday 2/9        Pizza

Friday 2/10          Cabernet Beef Short Ribs with Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans

Saturday we are going out for my birthday.  I've requested La Bodega, as I have been begging Justin to take me their for a couple of years now.  It is a Spanish tapas bar with a wide variety of items on the menu.

For your groceries you will need:

1 bag of angel hair slaw
2 bunches of green onions
2 shallots
1 large yellow onion
Ginger root
1 bunch broccoli
Celery
Carrots
1 avocado
2-3 limes (depending on the size)
1-2 lemons
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley
1-2 heads of garlic
1 lb. red skinned potatoes
1 bottle reduced sodium soy sauce (if you do not already have this in your pantry)
Corn tortillas
1 box brown rice (if you do not already have some in your pantry)
1 can reduced sodium beef broth
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 lb. stir fry beef
1 lb. boneless beef short ribs (you can get the bone in if you choose, it will add more flavor, but increase cooking time)
Butter
Sour cream (light or fat-free just check to make sure they have the starches listed, I use Market Pantry brand by Target)
Skim milk
1 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
1 bag frozen green beans

Pantry items you will need or possibly purchase:
Chili powder
Ground cumin
Garlic powder
Olive oil
Corn starch
Salt
Pepper

Well, I am off to watch more basketball with the Bear.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment