Monday, January 9, 2012

Provencal Beef Stew

  How is your Monday going?  My Monday has been okay, but is getting better by the minute now that I am home, have gone on a brisk walk, and plan to eat this hearty bowl of goodness before yoga class.  Honestly, my mouth is watering just looking at it!  To make this Monday a little easier, I prepared this stew in my slow cooker. You can make your Monday night eats easier too with this simple recipe!

Provencal Beef Stew (inspired by Weight Watchers, tweeked my me:))

Non-stick cooking spray
1 pound lean beef cut into 1-inch cubes, I used lean pre-cut meat from my grocery store
1 small chopped onion
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 pressed garlic cloves (I use my handy garlic press from Pampered Chef, or you can finly mince your garlic)
2 large sliced carrots (or you can use 20 baby carrots and save yourself the time as I did)
1 large stalk celery, sliced
1 15 oz. canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups reduced sodium, organic beef broth
1 11 1/2 oz can crushed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 large bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Spray a 5 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.  Place all ingredients into your slow cooker.  Stir, cover, and set your slow cooker on low for 7 to 8 hours.  This recipe should yield around 6, 2 cup servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment