Saturday, January 21, 2012

Menu Plans

Top of the morning to you all!  I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.  I am still mending from my little accident, but am trying to remain mobile.  Yesterday I did go into work; however, by noon quickly regretted my decision.  While I did make it the entire day, I was so exhausted when I got home that I was in bed before 8:00 p.m. and didn't wake up until around 7:30 a.m. this morning.  So, I am trying to move as much as I can, but at the same time am taking it easy.

In other news, knock on wood, the insurance companies have been very accommodating and helpful.  In the last 48 hours, I have heard from not only my insurance company, but also the chica's insurance company.  They were having a little bit of trouble with communications lines on her end, as she was not answering her phone.  So, they are now communicating through her parents.  I am trying to remain patient about that by reminding myself that the brain's pre-frontal cortex does not fully develop until the age of 25; however, the other part of me would honestly like to smack her for her immaturity in dealing with adult life and the law.  I am now taking my deep yoga breath....ahhh...remaining calm.  New subject.

On the agenda today, grocery shopping.  One of my favorite things to do!  For this week's menu, I am re-vamping one of my favorite recipes to make it gluten-free.  We are also planning on having another soup recipe from the Hy-Vee Seasons magazine.  And, last but not least, I will be using some extra chicken breast I plan on making early in the week for some chicken nachos inspired by one of our favorite bar and grill restaurants, Tanner's.


Menu for Sunday 1/21/2012 to Friday 1/26/2012

Sunday 1/21       Chicken Lasagna Florentine with Tomato-Cucumber Salad

Monday 1/22      Left-overs

Tuesday 1/23      Black Bean Soup with Sweet Potatoes & Kale served with Cheese Bread

Wednesday 1/24  Left-overs

Thursday 1/25    Chicken Nachos w/ Tomato, Corn, & Avocado Salad

Friday 1/26         Left-overs or out to eat

For your grocery items this week:

1 lb. chicken breast
1 bunch kale or if you can find some already washed and chopped, I suggest you buy the bagged kale
1 bag celery
1 bag baby carrots
2 pints grape tomatoes or 2 lbs. of Roma tomatoes
1 cucumber
1 medium sweet potato
2 bunches green onions
2 medium yellow onions
1 avocado
1 bag black beans
2 boxes reduced sodium chicken stock (if you don't already have some on hand)
1 gluten free baguette
1 package gluten free lasagna noodles
1 container sour cream
2 packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 container Parmesan cheese (if you do not already have some on hand)
1 package 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
1 package 2% shredded cheddar cheese
1 package 2% Velveeta (if you do not have any one hand)
1 package Feta cheese
Skim milk
1 package frozen spinach
1 bag frozen corn
1 bag tortilla chips

Pantry items you will need:

Dried chopped chives (you can find these in the spice section of your grocery store or use fresh)
Dried Italian herbs
Garlic
Corn Starch

Happy shopping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment