Saturday, January 24, 2015

Staying Healthy Menu Post

Good Saturday morning to you all! I think Saturday is my favorite day of the week. Today, the in-laws will be coming for their first visit to see our new house. Knowing the pool at the motel will take our niece's top priority, we also have a trip to Rube's, one of the restaurants in the area that we've wanted to try, and a batch of chocolate chip cookies ready for my father in-law's birthday. Should be some good, quality family time.

We will be headed to the grocery store shortly, as the family should be arriving early this afternoon. So, I thought I'd sneak in a quick menu post. Yes! I did achieve one of my goals for the week; getting everything posted and hanging in there with the blog:). Blogging will continue to be one of my goals. I'm also hoping to continue my morning workouts, working towards my 100 miles of cardio by Valentine's Day, and of course eating lean, green, and clean! This week's menu should help accomplish clean eating endeavors. Sunday's soup is one that I posted long ago when I had just started recipe blogging--Cauliflower Cheese Soup. If you decide to check this recipe out, you will see I had just experienced a minor car accident that jacked up my back and neck for a while. Hopefully, there will be no collisions this time. Next, to start the work week off on an even healthier note, I'll be pulling out my veggie spiralizer to make some zucchini noodles for my Zucchini Noodle Bolognese. Finally, mid-week I'll be spicing things up a little with some Mango Salsa Chicken. Did you know mangos are in season right now? I just heard about it on the news and it sparked my enthusiasm to cook with the lovely tropical fruit. Here is the official rundown:

Sunday 1/25          Cauliflower Cheese Soup with Salad

Monday 1/26         Zucchini Noodle Bolognese with Steamed Mixed Veggies

Tuesday 1/27         Leftovers

Wednesday 1/28    Mango Salsa Chicken with Asparagus

Thursday 1/29       Leftovers

Here are the items you will need to make this happen:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lb. lean, ground Italian turkey sausage
1 package center cut bacon
1 bunch fresh asparagus
2-4 zucchini (depending on size)
1 bag baby carrots
1 bunch celery
1-2 mangos
1 jalapeno
1 lime
1 bunch cilantro
1 red onion
2 yellow or white onions
1 bulb garlic
1 32 oz. carton low-sodium chicken broth
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I am loving Aldi's Simply Nature Marinara sauce right now!)
1 bag frozen cauliflower
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
Skim milk
1 brick 2% Velveeta cheese
1 bag shredded 2% cheddar cheese

Pantry items you will need include:

Corn starch
Grated Parmesan cheese (I know this is stored in the refrigerator, but it is something we always have on hand, so I'm considering it a pantry item today)
Salt
Pepper

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment