Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Life in Slow Mow

No, life has not totally come to a pause. It is actually coming at me in life's normal pace. I've just given up most of my caffeine. I realized that I have been totally addicted to caffine since high school. Do you remember the first time you watched Friends? I do. Watching the cool characters converse on an over-sized couch with their over-sized coffee drinks only made me want to live in their world. So, I started drinking coffee. A little coffee soon turned into half a pot when I started high school and had to juggle morning marching band, choir, classes, cross country, student government, school musicals, school plays, directing school plays, speech contests, cross country meets, speech contests, and the list goes on and on and on. In college, caffine helped me get through mono, classes, my debu T.V. shows on the local college network, sorority life, and making it to class after celebrations from the night before. As an adult, it just help me wake up to hyperactive children I had to teach everyday after nights of studying for graduate classes or after attending graduate classes the night before. Coffee has always been my partner. In hopes of trying to conceive this summer; however, I realized I needed to give up the juice. While I have not totally given up the juice, I have cut WAY BACK. Yes, I am down to only four cups. Yes, four cups only in the morning. No soda or anything throughout the rest of the day. It really hasn't been that hard. First, I noticed I was sleeping a hell of alot better. Next, I realized a reduction in the sweaty armpit action I used to experience. Finally, I have been WAY MORE CHILL! Yes, as life throws me action I calmly can contemplate and throw thoughtful action right back. It is so cool. So, if you experience any of the above three, maybe you should cut back too. I don't know. It is only a suggestion after my realization.

In other news, more recipes to come. I have photographs of Jerked Pork Loin with a Tropical Mango-Coconut Rice to share. I just have been too chill to actually compile the recipe after the photos. So, just wait in anticipation. This is one you will want to cook over the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment