Saturday, October 24, 2009

Princesses & Pigskins

I don't know if many people know this about me, but I love college football. Yes, this former princess girly-girl loves college football. My love of college football most likely initiated back at Iowa State during my first tailgating experience. Before, I never really understood the point. Then, my guy friends as well as my sorority sisters taught me a lot about the game. So here we go at my take on sportscasting....

It was an exciting game for Big 12 football fans. Iowa State upset Nebraska winning the game 9 to 7. This was the first time in over 30 years Iowa State beat the Huskers in Lincoln. In other college football news, Sam Bradford is out for the rest of the season for the Oklahoma Sooners due to a shoulder injury. This has brought big tears to my eyes, as Sam is currently one of the hottest football players in my book. Not to mention the fact that I used to hate the Sooners due to an old tailgating experience and then began to love them because Sam Bradford is amazing. Don't worry, I am still a Cyclone at heart. The verdict is still out in the SEC as to whether the Florida Gators will upset the Alabama Crimson Tide. Secretly, I am going for Bama as I just have a distaste for Tim Tebow. Guess we'll see. It should be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I was laughing out loud at your take on college football. Especially the Sam Bradford comment. Kyle would roll his eyes at you if he heard you say you thought he was the best because he's the hottest college football player right now. :)

    As for Baby #2, it's a reality. He/she is due March 24th. We'll be finding out the gender on Nov 6, so check the blog for an update. (think pink!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as the SEC, I'd like Bama or Florida, or just about anyone there to win as long is it's not Auburn. I'm not a big fan of their coach for some reason. I agree though, Bradford's kinda cute.

    ReplyDelete