Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Spicy Shrimp & Noodle Bowls

I think this might not only be another week of quick meals, but also one dish wonders. Since it's just me and the hubs around our digs, I must confess that we tend to eat in our living room around the coffee table. Especially, since I have the dining room table covered with artwork I'm trying to arrange before hanging on the walls. Speaking of the artwork, it won't really matter how I arrange it. The Bear will somehow manage to "help" and hang everything just an inch or two too high for my preference. Then, I have to wait for a day off to re-arrange and hang it on my own when he is not here, only to hang everything just a little too crooked. Ugh! At least I can do one thing right in my happy homemaking endeavors. For example, this Spicy Shrimp & Noodle Bowl is pretty good if I do say so myself.


A one bowl meal with a sweet and spicy kick! Packed with veggies, protein, and tons of color this recipe is flavorful and a healthy, quick weeknight meal.

Spicy Shrimp & Noodle Bowls
Inspired by Cooking Light

2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled & grated
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sambal oelek (chili paste)
7 oz. rice noodles
1 clove pressed garlic
1 cup carrots, cut into matchstick sized pieces
1 cup mini red, orange, & yellow mini peppers cut into matchstick sized pieces
1 cup frozen snow peas
1/2 lb. cooked, peeled & deveined shrimp, tails removed
2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, sesame oil, and chili paste together in a small dish. Set aside. Cook the noodles according to the package's directions and drain the noodles. Set aside. Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the garlic, carrots, and peppers. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the noodles and peas. Cook for 2 minutes, tossing the veggies and noodles together. Add the shrimp and the sauce. Tossing frequently until the mixture is coated in the sauce. Remove from heat. Sprinkle the cilantro on top and serve. Makes 4 1 1/2 cup servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment