Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another Fantastic 4th


 Does this cake sing, "America the Beautiful" or what?  Every 4th of July, my sisters and I try to get together for celebration.  This year, was complete with a weekend of fun transporting between State Center, IA, where my dad lives, and Ames, IA where my sister, Erin, lives.  The Bear (a.k.a. Justin) kicked the weekend off with my dad and stepbrothers Brett and Brandon in a golf tournament.  Many congratulations to them for placing 4th and to Brett for winning the longest put!  Good job team!  The ladies spent the day at the pool for some relaxation and time with Sylvie and Gavin. 

  These pictures were pre-swim trip.  Sylvie was all poses.  Gavin, on the other hand, was a little cranky that morning and didn't feel like smiling.  Being that I am not a morning person, I guess I can't blame him.  Ha!


 
We celebrated the 4th at Erin's apartment.  Sadly, my sister Amy, Brandon, Brett, and the kids could not make it.  But that didn't stop us!  We had plenty of snacks, burgers, sparklers, and fun with my dad, Brenda, and Frankie and Gary. 




 
This is my dad totally rockin' sparklers and his Tommy Bahama shirt!  I love it!
  And no summer party would be complete without a pitcher of Raspberry-Peach Sangria!  I used this recipe with the addition of fresh mint leaves.  I must say, the mint added an unbelievable amount of freshness!  Perfect for summer!

All-in-all it was a wonderful, relaxing weekend.  It was so good to see everyone and celebrate with family.  I hope you all enjoyed your holiday as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment