Saturday, September 14, 2013

Thinking Fall Menu Post

While it is still technically summer, the cooler weather and football season are encouraging me to begin thinking fall. Yes, fall! I have to admit, the late summer heat wave had me in a major recipe stump since the Bear was limiting my use of the oven. During the summer this is not a problem, but once the school year starts it puts a cramp in my meal preparation. In hopes that we are past 95+ degree weather I have a great autumnal menu post for you all this week. Continuing with the Sunday Salads theme through September, I have a toasty taste of Spain for you with my Spiced Lentil and Rice Salad. Monday is calling for temps to only fall in the 60's, so I am planning on whipping up a new make ahead dish with the use of one of my favorite gluten-free grains quinoa in a Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bake. Wednesday I will be creating an updated spin on the classic Reuben sandwich. Finally to wrap up the work week, I plan to remake on of my favorite recipes I made last fall- Sage and Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken. It's time to get cozy up in here and I am so excited! Here is the rundown:

Sunday 9/15          Spiced Lentil and Rice Salad with Gluten-Free Focaccia

Monday 9/16        Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bake with Steamed Baby Carrots

Tuesday 9/17        Leftovers

Wednesday 9/18   Sriracha Reubens with Oven Fries and Veggies

Thursday 9/19       Leftovers

Friday 9/20           Sage and Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans

Here is what you will need:

4 bonless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package deli turkey
1 package prosciutto
1 bag baby carrots
3-4 roma tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes
2 yellow onions
1 shallot
1 bulb garlic
3 lemons
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 bunch fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
1 bunch fresh mint
1 bunch fresh sage
1 can sour kraut
1 bag lentils (any variety will do, I will be using green)
1 box brown rice
1 box quinoa
1 loaf gluten-free bread
1 bag frozen broccoli florets
1 bag frozen green beans
1 package 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 bag shredded 2% cheddar
1 pacakge 2% Swiss cheese
1 package 2% Velveeta cheese
1 pint 2% milk

Pantry items you will need:

Extra virgin olive oil
Mayonnaise
Sriracha
Champagne vinegar
Bay leaves
Ground cloves
Ground cumin
Curry powder
Garam masala
Garlic powder
Ground mustard
Onion powder
Paprika
Ground tumeric
Salt and pepper

Hope you have a fantastic weekend! I look forward to sharing all of these recipes with you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment