Sunday, September 1, 2013

Cheddar & Pickle Spiked Chicken Burgers & a Leftovers Menu Post

Happy Labor Day weekend! What better way to end summer than with a good burger recipe? This one is sure to please as it has some of the condiments already inside the burger. I'll keep this post short so you can run to your kitchen and get these burgers ready!


Cheddar & Pickle Spiked Chicken Burgers
inspired by Weight Watchers

1 lb. ground chicken breast
2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons dill pickle, finely chopped
2 tablespoons cubed 2% cheddar cheese (I cut them into 1/4-inch cubes)
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use Penzy's 4S)

Preheat your grill to medium heat. Mix all ingredients together until combined in a large bowl. Let set 5 minutes to allow the flax to bind the ingredients together. Divide the mixture into 4 even sections. With your hands, form each section into a patty. Make sure to press a small indentation into the center of each patty so the burgers do not shrink on the grill. Place on the grill. Grill for 5-6 minutes, flip, and grill for 5-6 minutes more. Serve with your favorite hamburger buns and toppings.

P.S. This week's menu post will not include a grocery list. I am planning on using a lot of leftover ingredients from the deep freeze that need to be used before frosty takes over. This week's Sunday Salad is my version of one of my favorite fast food salads made slightly healthier. I plan to use some leftover chili I made way back in July when I got a mean hankering for Wendy's chili.  I've also found another use for the Late Summer Veggie Sandwich recipe by turning it into a pizza. Here is this week's rundown:

Sunday 9/1          My Wendy's Baja Salad with Tortilla Chips

Monday 9/2         Late Summer Veggie Pizza with Tomato-Mozzarella Salad

Tuesday 9/3         Leftovers

Wednesday 9/4    Southwestern Chicken Salad Wraps with Veggies and Chips

Thursday 9/5        Leftovers

Next weekend I don't have much on the agenda as family will be arriving for the weekend we've been waiting for...the Region III Kansas Teacher of the Year Awards Banquet!! It should be a very exciting week around here. I look forward to keeping you posted throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment