Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Simple Veggie Stir-Fry

For a meatless Monday meal, this recipe could not be any easier. I also believe the Bear is finally coming to grips and believe it or not, enjoying meatless Monday. Remember all the trouble I had in the past? Lately, he's been complementing my vegetarian meals. I just keep saying, "Shut the front door! I'm glad." While a lot of my stir-fry/ Asian inspired dishes look the same, this one had one key difference- coconut oil. The coconut oil added an amazing depth of flavor to this incredibly simple dish. I highly suggest you try it for your next meatless meal.



Simple Veggie Stir-Fry

8 oz. brown rice spaghetti noodles
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
1 12 oz. bag frozen vegetable stir-fry blend
1 cup frozen shelled edamame
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon sriracha
1 teaspoon sesame oil

Cook noodles according to package directions. Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables, edamame, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, while the noodles cook (about 10 minutes). Meanwhile, in a small dish, whisk together the soy sauce, peanut butter, sriracha, and sesame oil until smooth. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat. Drain the noodles. Add the noodles. Toss again to coat and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment