Sunday, August 11, 2013

Slim Down Menu Post II

Wow. I must say it has been quite a weekend. While we did enjoy a nice meal of Salmon Caesar Salad, I have not really been feeling my best due to a pesky spider bite. Chalk it up to some kind of Kansas spider that probably would not bother most, but my body apparently does not like. So, I went to primary care yesterday morning. You see, these darn fertility drugs make life a little complicated. There are not many medications I can take. I was glad that I did go in because the doctor on call and his wife also went to the same fertility clinic we are using. He was very understanding and knowledgeable about what could be done. He noticed that there was a perfect outline of the homemade guaz bandaide I made doused with Neosporin. Apparently, I was not only reacting to the spider bite, but also the Neoporin! He said this is very common, but most people don't discover they are allergic to Neoporin because it isn't something we use everyday. What I can do is use polysporin, cortisone cream, and Benedryl. After a couple of very nice Benedryl induced naps and several applications of what I am calling the topical "polysone" cocktail, it is finally looking better. Another joy of fertility drugs is that they can pack on the weight very quickly. While it would be nice to lose a few pounds, my overall goal is to not gain but rather maintain my weight. So, I am keeping a close eye on my diet. Last week's menu really helped as I lost a few pounds. The proof is in the pudding. It is taking a little work, but I've got to keep my body healthy not only for my well being, but also whatever may come along;). I swear my life is an open book right now. Not my typical style, for realzies.

This week's menu is following the same general rules I followed last week- cut out the sugar, white carbs, and go easy on the cheese. No cheese no! Cheese for flavor and calcium yes! It is all about finding the balance that keeps these hormonal cravings at bay and maintains my health. I also am excited to be introducing my new weekly theme- Sunday Salads, Soups, and Sandwiches. For the months of August and September I will be including a Sunday Salad that makes for a light Sunday dinner. The leftovers can be packed for a simple summer lunch. Super excited about this! Here is this week's Sunday Salad and what the rest of the week will look like...

Sunday 8/11           Chicken Cobb Salad with Berries and Yogurt

Monday 8/12          Layered Spaghetti Squash Pie with Cucumber Salad

Tuesday 8/13          Leftovers

Wednesday 8/14     Eggplant Pizza Stacks with Green Beans

Thursday 8/15         Leftovers

Friday 8/16 or         Chicken and Ginger Flat Breads with Edamame
Saturday 8/17

Here is what you will need:

2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lb. ground Italian turkey sausage
1 package turkey pepperoni
1 package center cut bacon
1/2 dozen eggs
1 package romaine lettuce
1 package shredded cabbage or cole slaw mix
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch green onions
1 large or 2 small spaghetti squash
1 large or 2 small eggplant
1 cucumber
1 red pepper
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1 lime
1-inch knob ginger root
1 bulb garlic
1 package gluten free wraps such as Sandwich Petals
2 jars spaghetti sauce
1 bag frozen green beans
1 bag frozen shelled edamame
1 container lowfat ricotta cheese
1 bag shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
1 bag shredded Parmesan cheese
1 small wedge blue cheese
1 pint buttermilk
1 container nonfat Greek yogurt

Pantry items you will need:
Nonstick cooking spray
Mayonnaise
Sesame oil
Rice wine vinegar
Apple cider vinegar
Gluten free soy sauce
Peanut butter or PB 2
Stevia
Garlic powder
Italian herbs

Enjoy your Sunday! I look forward to posting this week!







No comments:

Post a Comment