Saturday, August 10, 2013

Non Recipe Recipe- Chicken Club Sammies

Back to school, back to school. It's that time of year and for a special ed teacher, I am just trying to keep my head on straight. This is why it is always nice to make good use of leftovers at home so I can throw together a quick meal such as this...


Really these Chicken Club Sammies were so easy to put together I really can't even call it a recipe. I simply toasted the bread and swapped Wholly Guacamole for mayo. Then layered the lettuce, tomato, red onion, bacon and chicken. To save a few more calories, I served them "open face." Super easy, super tasty.

Chicken Club Sammies
adapted from Cooking Light

4 slices gluten-free whole grain bread
4 tablespoons prepared guacamole
4 lettuces leaves
1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
8 strips cooked center cut bacon
2 grilled chicken breasts, thinly sliced

Toast the bread until lightly browned. Spread 1 tablespoon of guacamole on each bread slice. Layer the remaining ingredients and serve. Bon appetite!

* On a side note, I will be posting a menu later today. I am still working on what to put together as it is about to c-r-a-z-y up in here with school starting and other adventures. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment