Saturday, December 1, 2012

Slow Saturday Menu Post

Whew! I apologize for checking out mid-week, but after returning back to work on Tuesday I was totally pooped. I've been slowly coming around and am in a lot less pain. My energy level is no where near normal peppy self. I knew that was to be expected, but had no idea how much teaching drains what little energy I had. This weekend I am resting, regaining my energy stores, and doing what I love; weekly menu posting. In light of my slow recovery, I thought it would be fun to have some slow cooked menu items, soups, and noodle bowls for the week. Sunday, I plan on starting my slow cooker early and cooking a meaty Pork Bolognese. I also hope to do some weekend prep for my chowder I plan to serve Tuesday and Wednesday nights. This chowder is filled with potatoes and veggies, but tastes so sinfully cheesy. Thursday I am taking it easy but adding a fun twist by making a Quesadilla Salad. Finally, to add a touch of elegance to our usually weekend flare while at the same time not going overboard, I hope to serve Ginger-Orange Chicken Noodle Bowls with Asian Slaw. It should be a good week of easy eats in the Nickel household. Here is the official rundown:

Sunday 12/2          Slow Cooker Pork Bolognese with Salad

Monday 12/3         Leftovers

Tuesday 12/4         Potato & Veggie Chowder with Gluten-Free Focaccia Bread

Wednesday 12/5    Leftovers

Thursday 12/6        Quesadilla Salad

Friday 12/7            Out to eat (or so I hope:))

Saturday 12/8        Ginger-Orange Chicken Noodle Bowls with Asian Slaw

Groceries you will need:

1 package center cut bacon
1 lb. pork sirloin roast or pork tenderloin
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lb. russet potatoes
1 orange
2 limes
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley
1 bunch cilantro
1 red pepper
1 knob ginger root
1 bulb garlic
1 stalk celery
1 bag baby carrots
2 yellow or white onions
1 bag cole slaw
1 bag lettuce mix
1 package gluten free ranch dressing mix
1 box reduced sodium chicken broth
1 bottle of your favorite salsa
1 package corn tortillas
1 package rice noodles
1 package brown rice or gluten-free spaghetti noodles
1 package gluten-free pizza or focaccia mix
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 container light or fat free sour cream
2 bags shredded 2% cheddar cheese
1 brick 2% Velveeta cheese
1 quart 2% milk
1 pint buttermilk
1 bag frozen peas
1 box chopped broccoli
1 bag frozen cauliflower
1 bag frozen corn

Pantry items you will need:

Corn starch
Olive oil mayo
Olive oil
Sesame oil
Rice wine vinegar
Sugar
Chili paste
Soy sauce (make sure it is wheat free)
Crushed red pepper flakes
Dried bay leaves
Salt
Pepper

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment