Saturday, December 8, 2012

Make Ahead Meals Menu Post

So, I fell of the face of the blogosphere this week. After feeling so amazing on Tuesday, my energy level plummeted to near single digits the rest of the week. The good news, I haven't needed any pain meds since last week. I'm just tired. Really tired. The kind of tired where you come home, sit on the couch, and then move to bed. The quesadilla salad never happened. We have been taking advantage of Domino's 1/2 off any pizza and online order deal. It is the first time ever they have honored the 1/2 price for their gluten-free pizzas too. Which has been pretty helpful due to my lack of kitchen activity. I was probably a little ambitious in getting back to my menu posting, but at least I tried.

Due to my lack of energy and recovery, I hope, and I say hope because I cannot make any promises, to get everything posted for you all this week. My plan of attack is to use my make ahead meals strategy for a majority of this week's meals. Last week's meals that actually did get posted were both meals I made ahead of time. So, if I can get to the store today and start preparing today and tomorrow, everything should get posted in a timely manner. The other really nice thing about this week's menu, the grocery list is pretty slim. With the ingredients for the noodle bowls still in the fridge, I plan to reap the leftover benefits on Sunday. As the temperatures slowly drop, I know that Monday and Tuesday will be the perfect days for my Slow Cooker Tuscan White Bean Soup I plan to make this weekend served with a side of yummy, fluffy gluten-free focaccia bread. Wednesday and Thursday will also capitalize on my strategy with my Make Ahead Moussaka. Then to wrap the week up, I plan to thaw some of the Omaha Steaks from the gift package we received last week for a nice steak dinner. While these recipes will require some prepping and assembling this weekend, I am hoping it will maintain my energy levels and keep the Domino's delivery boy at bay from our doorstep.

Sunday 12/9          Leftover Ginger-Orange Chicken Noodle Bowls with Asian Slaw

Monday 12/10      Slow Cooker Tuscan White Bean Soup with Gluten-Free Focaccia

Tuesday 12/11       Leftovers

Wednesday 12/12  Make Ahead Moussaka with Greek Salad

Thursday 12/13      Leftovers

Friday 12/14 or      Filet Mignon with Herb Sauce, Baked Sweet Potatoes, and Broccoli
Saturday 12/15

Here is what you will need:

1/2 lb. lean ground beef
2 filet mignon or your other favorite steak
2 small sweet potatoes
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch cilantro
1 shallot
1 bulb garlic
1 green bell pepper
2 roma tomatoes
1-2 lemons
2 eggplant
2 yellow or white onions
1 bag baby carrots
1 stalk celery
2 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes
2 large cans crushed tomatoes
2 cans great northern beans
1 jar kalamata olives
1 bottle fat-free or light Italian or Greek dressing
1 wedge Parmesan cheese
1 container feta cheese
1 bag shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
1 quart 2% milk
1 box frozen chopped spinach
1 bag frozen broccoli florets

Pantry items you will need:

Olive oil
Cooking spray
Red wine vinegar
Corn starch
Dried Italian herbs
Dried oregano
Crushed red pepper
Salt
Pepper

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment