Friday, December 21, 2012

End of the Year Wrap Up

It is hard to believe that 2012 is almost over. This year marked my adventures in finally taking the dive and sharing what I truly love to do- blogging about my culinary experiences with the world. It has been such a joy to share my little blog with you and I am truly grateful for your comments and viewership. It makes me very excited to see what 2013 will bring. To wrap things up, here are the top five recipes that received the most hits on A Nickel's Worth of News.

 
Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes These were my gluten-free version of Giada's Orange Raspberry Cake. Cupcakes are such a great way to practice portion control. Tangy, sweet, and refreshing it is no wonder that this recipe was one of the most popular this year.


Italian Chicken Sausage & Potato Cassoulet Traditionally, cassoulets are cooked for hours on end and are higher in calories. Here, I swapped potatoes for pasta and chicken sausage for pork sausage. The results were amazing. This recipe was even featured on the Isernio's chicken sausage website! What an honor!


Baked Ziti I had no idea this recipe would be on the top five. I was never really proud of the picture; however, this recipe is easy, comforting, and can be put together in a flash. Plus, there is no need to boil the noodles.


Dirty Bananas Oh Rum Chata! I salute the inventors of this marvelous rum. I don't think much needs to be said as to why this little gem was one of the most popular. Who doesn't love a good cocktail?

Last, but certainly not least, the following links to my most popular weekly menu posts. I put a lot of time into creating my menus and shopping lists. It is also one of my favorite things to do on the weekends. I hope they have been useful and that you continue enjoying. Here are the highest rated menu posts for the year:
         
                     Fall Kick Off Menu Post

                     Fall Favorites Menu Post

                     Many Thanks Menu Post

Thank you again for being a part of my culinary adventures! I hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday season! I will be back next week with more recipes and a New Year's menu post. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment