Saturday, November 3, 2012

Magazine Recipes Menu Post

S-A-T-UR-D-AY! Yes, that is my weak attempt at trying to type in rhythm to Elton John's "Saturday Night" song. I love Saturdays. It is about noon and I am still in my sweats going about my day at leisure. I spent most of my morning putting together the menu and grocery list for the week. I wanted to throw together some meals that I can put together or prep over the weekend, but also wanted to try some new recipes from some of my ever growing magazine collection. My first two recipes for the week are not creative; however, are somewhat self-invented by me. My last two recipes for the week are inspired from Gourmet and Cooking Light. I'm looking forward to making some simple gluten-free tweaks as well as adding my own flare to both recipes. This is a peak at what I hope this week's menu will look like if all goes well:

Sunday 11/4        Steak Fajitas with Guacamole & Chips

Monday 11/5       Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes with Salad

Tuesday 11/6       Leftovers

Wednesday 11/7  Baked Chicken Meatballs with Peronato & Garlic Bread (inspired by Gourmet Live)  

Thursday 11/8     Leftovers

Friday 11/9         Slow Cooker Chinese Pork Noodle Bowls with Broccoli (inspired by Cooking Light)

Here is what you will need:

1 lb. ground chicken
1 lb. pork tenderloin
1 lb. flank steak (or other lean cut)
1 package center cut bacon
1 bag baby carrots
2 bunches green onions
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 bunch fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
1 bulb garlic
1 knob fresh ginger root
2 limes
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1-2 avocados
4 medium sized Russet baking potatoes
1 green bell pepper
2 yellow or white onions
1 bag lettuce or your favorite salad blend
1 jar capers
1 jar roasted red peppers
1 container grated Parmesan cheese
1 container dry roasted peanuts
1 package brown rice spaghetti noodles
1 package corn tortillas
1 bag tortilla chips
1 pint 2% milk
1 container light or fat free sour cream
1 8 oz. brick 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 bag shredded 2% cheddar cheese
1 bag mozzarella cheese sticks
1 box chopped frozen broccoli cuts

Pantry items you will need:

Olive oil
Red wine vinegar
White wine vinegar
Rice wine vinegar
Brown sugar
Soy sauce (check to make sure it is gluten free)
Sesame oil
Ketchup
Red pepper flakes
Cumin
Chili powder 
Smoked paprika
Garlic powder

If you follow my blog or frequently stop by and would like to prep ahead as I do, I would suggest saving this menu post for later use after each recipe is posted. Items I hope to prep ahead are the marinade and spice mixtures for the fajitas and pork noodle bowls. I will be baking and assembling the twice baked potatoes so all I have to do is pop them in the oven on Monday and Tuesday nights. I also hope to get the peperonata assembled so the flavors have time to marry together as well as assemble my meatballs and freeze them until I am ready to bake them in the oven.

In other news, I realized that I need to update my Weekly Menu page from last month. Feel free to check out present and past menu posts on my Weekly Menu page. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment