Sunday, November 4, 2012

Four Seasons Pizza

Before I go on to my fajita recipe, I have one more little gem to share from last week's menu...Four Season's Pizza.


Light, healthy, and topped with my favorite super foods- artichoke hearts and mushrooms. If you are looking for a quick and healthy pizza, you should try it!

Four Seasons Pizza
inspired by Weight Watchers

I gluten-free pizza crust (prepared by package directions or premade)
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1 cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
12 slices chopped deli style ham (I like Oscar Meyer's Deli Fresh)
1 can quarter artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
6 black olives, sliced

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your gluten-free crust according to package directions. My crust was already prepared. Pour the tomatoes into a medium sized non-stick skillet and bring to a simmer. Add the garlic and herbs. Simmer for 4-5 minutes or until some of the juice has evaporated and the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside. To assemble the pizza, spread the sauce over the crust. Top with the cheese, ham, artichoke hearts, and olives. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble and brown along the edges. Slice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment